Guadagnin family is chosen by CNRailway as the Eastern Region family for their commitment to volunteering in their community!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Changin the Shorts Day

Well since I was up so late blogging last night, I just had to sleep in. The girls had left with Joanne to walk Faith to school and the boys were ... in front of the TV! Surprise Surprise! Too much Olympics to catch up on!

Eventhough the sky is finally trying to cloud up we decided to head up to Capilano Suspension Bridge. Go check it out online and you will know why I was particularly freaked out. The bridge (which was originally made out of hemp and wood!) stretches across a deep gorge created by a dragging glacier and the Capilano River. Crazy high. Even without a wind and no one else on it, it swings. Yikes. So guess what? It was windy! And people, like my rebellious son, were on it infront of me. JoAnne was pointing the camera at me but I wasn't posing. I was hanging on to both railings and NOT looking down! Marina wasn't so good with it either and Julianna basically ran across so she wouldn't have to linger. The three of us had a sob hug on the other side then geared up for the "Tree Top Adventure" - the tree version of the bridge we just went over. They did a really nice job lighting up the trees and stringing bridges between these gorgeous huge trees covered in moss. I couldn't stop taking pictures! and touching the bark.

The gift shop held our attention for about an hour but the rain had done its worst and we were soaked through. Coffee time! A salmon hatchery is just down the road so we made our way out down the Capilano River. Closed. I took some great pictures though! Now it is about 5 so we know we will be heading into some traffic on the way home. With Rugge following behind Jo and I, it was kinda tricky to make the right turns. When we had to do a U turn on the bridge, listening to honks but thankfully no sirens, Rugge said he needed a change of shorts. Good thing we had put ribs in the crock pot! Dinner's ready. Skating's on!

Tonight it'll be early bed for an early start...

2 comments:

  1. I googled the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Ink, I thought you had an issue walking over the foot bridge in Belleville, was that you? If so, I am so proud of you for facing that fear and trusting that the bridge would hold you! I am so excited to see your photos and video clips when you get home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That was me! I was terrified! And Nina was crying and Juli was passing out! Faced our fears alright! It was better on the way back!

    ReplyDelete